ARC Business Solutions Inc. is an established and customer-oriented information technology solution provider with proven abilities to incorporate strategy, creativity and technical aspects into business solutions. ARC operates out of 4 regions in Canada–Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Regina and in the US – and services a broad base of private and public sector clients. Service delivery is focused in four main technology solution verticals: Systems Delivery, Enterprise Content Management, Mobile Solutions, Utilities and Managed Services; with industry expertise in Energy, Government, Financial Services and the Public Sector.
ARC Business Solutions is currently seeking a highly motivated success-oriented Recruitment Specialist to perform the recruitment function for our dynamic organization in our Edmonton Head Office. This role reports directly to the Managing Director of the Edmonton Region.
The successful candidate MUST have a minimum of 3 or more years of experience as a full time recruiter for the IT (Information Technology) field and ideally five or more years experience in the I.T industry.
ROLE: Recruitment Specialist
Major duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Provide support for the recruiting process, including:
- Conferring with Account Managers (in Edmonton) to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Developing a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Maintaining regular contact and relationships with possible future candidates.
- Building and maintaining networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Contacting applicants on an ongoing basis to inform them of the status of their employment possibilities, consideration, and selection.
- Maintaining current knowledge of pay equity, human rights and employment standards guidelines and laws.
- Selling ARC and the opportunities to attract and retain the best talent.
- Searching the internal recruiting system for candidates for possibly several opportunities at a time.
- Drafting and maintaining job descriptions for postings.
- Posting job descriptions on the ARC website and job board sites, including LinkedIn.
- Screening resumes for suitable candidates.
- Performing initial contact with potential candidates to perform pre-screen interviews and assess fit.
- Testing and scoring candidates using ARC’s standards tests.
- Scheduling interviews with candidates.
- Coordinating Technical Interviews
- Coordinating Cultural fit interviews with Account Managers.
- Completing and documenting reference checks.
- Preparing employment offers and subcontractor’s agreements according to ARC standard processes.
- Assisting with employee and subcontractor on-boarding in preparation to hand over to human resources.
- Ensuring all resource requests are logged and managed to completion in ARMS (ARC’s resource tracking tool).
- Management of job board credits and re-ordering.
- Developing and maintaining management reporting related to recruitment activities.
- Ensuring candidate trap-line is updated with latest status.
- Encouraging employee referrals, communicating its importance and ensuring incentives are allocated to those who produce successful hires.
- Researching new ways of using the Internet or other methods for recruitment (e.g., social media).
- Using social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Locating and documenting where to find ideal candidates.
- Aiding public relations in establishing a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Attending career fairs for recruiting and company recognition
- Communicating with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Attending local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Other recruiting related tasks or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Ability to represent and promote the company in a professional and positive manner, both internally and with its clients
- Experience with Microsoft toolsets such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability, at an intermediate level, to develop Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and establish and adhere to priorities
- Able to perform well under pressure
- Ability to effectively work at all levels of the organization and with external customers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with the 5 offices (Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Toronto and US)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible and dynamic team player
- Understanding and respectful of corporate confidentiality
- Confident, with a friendly personality, a strong work ethic and a sense of humor
To be considered, please forward your resume clearly displaying reference number JK:REC in the subject line, to email@example.com. For more information about ARC, please visit our website at www.arcbus.com.
We offer a competitive salary, commissions, profit sharing, and comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted. We will be conducting interviews immediately.