ARC Business Solutions Inc. is a customer oriented information technology solution provider with proven abilities to incorporate strategy, creativity and technical aspects into business solutions. Core business verticals are: Professional IT Services, Enterprise Content Management, Utility Sector Services and Managed Services.
ARC Business Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a SharePoint Lead in Edmonton, AB.
ROLE: SHAREPOINT LEAD
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Chart strategic and tactical paths to further grow and sustain ARC’s SharePoint practice (including both business and technical dimensions)
- Supervise and mentor all intermediate and junior level staff assigned as members of the SharePoint practice
- Assist in employee review and assessment process
- Assist in the recruitment of individuals to the ECM team
- Actively participate in all ECM management meetings; you will be joining a team of other business development individuals in this regard
- Work with ARC’s internal infrastructure team to manage licensing along with the health and maintenance of requisite internal SharePoint environments at ARC – including such corporate applications as ARC’s Resource Management System (ARMS), and staging environments used for development, testing and/or training
- ARC has a Delivery Management Methodology for all ECM projects. You would ensure coordination/collaboration/communication with ARC’s Delivery Manager in the execution of all project activities.
- Project execution work would be focused on SharePoint, but would not preclude work in other ECM skill set areas such as strategic consulting, Captiva, Kofax and FileFacets
- Solution Design and Architecture
- Gathering and analysis of business/user requirements
- Review of existing business processes and/or systems that may be relevant in the implementation and architecture of the new business requirements.
- Manage the documentation and sign-off of Business Requirements Definition documents
- Application Installation, Configuration, and Implementation
- Oversee installation of farms, sites, server and related client software
- Oversee configuration of applications based on application design and business requirements
- Oversight of unit and system test activities
- Documentation (modeling and design)
- Quality checkpoint review of functional and technical specifications
- Quality checkpoint reviews of user guides
- Oversight of related training and/or knowledge transfer activities to customers – both business users and technical personnel
- Post-implementation Support
- Oversight and management of post-implementation support in the short-term following implementation or on an ongoing basis, as per client’s support agreement with ARC
- Assist with comprehensive cost/benefit analysis and preparation of business cases for new projects (i.e., System Engineer [SE] support role)
- Assist in strategizing and constructing responses/proposals for new work
- Providing input and feedback for new business initiatives, along with the internal technical support required to support such initiatives
- Applied knowledge of architectural design and implementation in successful customer solutions.
- Applied expertise in deploying SharePoint solutions to align with electronic evidence and records management standards such PIPEDA, GARP, ISO 15489, CGSB.
- Excellent customer-facing skills; ability to quickly establish and sustain customer relationships; strong relationship skills to mentor and support internal ECM team members.
- Effective and clear written and oral communication skills, with capabilities to effectively work at all levels of the client organization (line, management, executive).
- Hands on SharePoint/web development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on deploying/upgrading and supporting corporate SharePoint solutions.
- Experience in working with development, staging and production environments, along with formal software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience in the analysis, design, hands-on creation and delivery of SharePoint-based applications
- SharePoint Designer Experience (2007/10/13) with Data Form Web Parts, XSLT, Workflow.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer
- Must have understanding on the SharePoint 2010 Managed Metadata model and a solid grasp of the SharePoint 2010 API.
- Experience developing large-scale SharePoint 2010 environments to incorporate FAST, filtering and/or template searching.
- Experience in using FileFacets connector to SharePoint, along with other third-party SharePoint products (e.g., Nintex) is desirable.
- Proven experience defining and executing Microsoft SharePoint migration/conversion plans – i.e., upgrades, conversions and/or migrations.
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3 and responsive design is desirable.
- Experience in UI design and implementation using web techniques such as HTML and CSS; Experience developing modern, lightweight CSS controlled user interfaces is preferred.
- Experience with deploying SharePoint to mobile platforms desirable.
- Experience developing solutions as part of a managed application lifecycle including familiarity with source control systems a managed application build structure and release management.
- Experience coordinating implementations in a change controlled environment including documenting and communicating solution implementation steps for execution by tier 2 support organizations.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing web parts, content types, master pages and page layouts.
- Experience developing business process applications including aspects of form development and automated data workflows.
- Experience authoring, executing and/or monitoring application test-cases for execution by a quality assurance team.
- Experience in analyzing and optimizing application performance.
- Experience in the development of a corporate classification taxonomy using SharePoint and the application of technology to automate the identification of meta-data from content.
We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing, and comprehensive benefits package. These positions can be filled by fulltime ARC employees or contractors.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted. TO BE CONSIDERED – Please forward your resume clearly displaying reference number CH:SPL in the subject line to email@example.com. For more information on ARC, please visit our website at www.arcbus.com.