ARC Reads: January 2021 Edition
This Month: This Edition: PC Sales, Phone Target Ads, Objections at a Wedding Ceremony, ARC Case Study, and a Social Media Strategy for a Post-Pandemic World
- PC sales finally saw big growth in 2020 after years of steady decline – During the Consumer Electronics Show this week, research firm IDC released a report on worldwide traditional PC sales in 2020, and it tells a rosier story than we’ve been used to in recent years. In the fourth quarter of 2020, PC shipments grew 26.1% over the same period last year. Read the article here.
- Companies can track your phone’s movements to target ads – Google and Apple have taken steps this year they say will help users shield themselves from hundreds of companies that compile profiles based on online behavior. Meanwhile, other companies are devising new ways to probe more deeply into other aspects of our lives. Read more here.
- What Happens if Someone Actually Objects During a Wedding Ceremony? – These days, any potential problems come to light when the couple is securing a marriage license, which is usually completed before the wedding ceremony. If you’re technically still married to your previous spouse, the county clerk will let you know. Since “Speak now or forever hold your peace” is essentially obsolete, it’s often omitted from modern weddings.
- Case Study – Higher Education – ARC lead the provisioning of an HE Admissions solution to deliver an engaging, easy to use customer experience; a simple, configurable set of administrator tools and processes for all faculties; a robust process to capture high quality applicant data; and streamlined Admissions processes to accelerate the end-to-end process from student application to institutional offer-acceptance. Check out the case study here.
- CMO: Adapt Your Social Media Strategy for a Post-Pandemic World – As the Covid-19 pandemic pushes consumers to spend more time online, social media becomes an increasingly important part of the connection between brands and their customers — both existing ones and potentially new ones. Now is the time to invest in building an integrated and agile social media management function to adapt to the new landscape. Article found here.
Interested in what you’ve read? Want to learn more about what we do? Contact us today. In addition to keeping on top of tech trends, we provide IT and business solutions to clients across North America.