ARC Reads: March 2021 Edition
This Edition: This Edition: Online Dictionary for Tech Jargon, Nest Hub Tells You How You Slept, An ARC Case Study, Rethinking Parking Spots, and Putting Doctors at the Center of Health Care Tech!
- Online Dictionary Uses Simple Analogies to Decode Tech Jargon – Terms like cache, encryption, and open source likely sound familiar to anyone who browses the web on a regular basis. But unless you’re immersed in the tech world, explaining exactly what these words mean could get tricky. Check out more on the digital dictionary here.
- Google’s new Nest Hub tells you how well you slept last night – Google has announced a new version of its Nest Hub smart display. The updated Nest Hub includes several enhancements over the model that debuted as the Home Hub in 2018, including a refined design, faster processor, and louder speaker. But the most significant upgrade is found in its ability to measure your sleep without requiring you to wear anything.
- Catastrophic Server Failure – An ARC Case Study – The Challenge: A new office location with a small server room, another MSP provider, inadequate cooling, and a server nearing end-of-life resulted in a catastrophic hardware failure resulting in business shutdown. Check out our case study here.
- The Pandemic Prompts Cities to Rethink the Parking Spot – So just as the darkness started to lift, the group began to slip orange NO PARKING bags over about 100 meters, tacking TAKEOUT/DELIVERY PARKING signs above them. Get the article here.
- Put Doctors at the Center of Health Care Tech – The medical field is in the midst of a major transformation, fueled by a combination of legislation and rapid adaptation. This trend has been most apparent in the rapid expansion of telehealth. A review of 16.7 million medical visits conducted from January to June 2020 revealed a staggering 2,000% increase in telemedicine visits. For some of my patients, this ability to conduct a visit through their computer or smartphone has been life-changing. Read more here.
Interested in what you’ve read? Want to learn more about what we do? Contact us today. In addition to keeping on top of tech trends, we provide IT and business solutions to clients across North America.