Case Study – Community League App
- Community league application
- Promotes engagement and awareness
- Enterprise mobile solution
- Two-way communication
- Software solution available through Apple and Google stores
- Accepts payment for memberships and events
ARC was approached by the leaders of the Glastonbury Community League from Edmonton, Alberta, to solve a challenge they were facing. Communities struggle to get more participation from their residents, and the traditional methods are too expensive, require too much volunteer effort, and are not very successful.
The goal was to improve engagement and awareness amongst their residents, and to increase memberships to help fund fun community events and neighbourhood improvements, such as halls, spray-parks, and playgrounds.
The other goal was to include features to make it very easy to administer and minimize repeatable and mundane tasks (e.g., annual membership renewal drives).
ARC worked closely with the league to understand their requirements and within 3 months delivered an enterprise mobile solution to meet their needs. The solution is a mobile app running on both iOS and Android smartphones, tablets, and on PCs/desktops as a browser-based app.
A summary of App features include:
- E-commerce Capability (including membership purchase capability with auto-renew)
- Digital Membership Card and Event Tickets
- Events Calendar (with filtering by category)
- Push Notifications
- Community News
- Sponsorship (supporting local businesses)
- Community Directory
- Admin Dashboard
- Reports / Analytics
ARC realized the benefits this mobile solution could bring to all types of communities, such as community leagues, home-owner associations (HOAs), clubs, societies, businesses, and commercial property landlords, so we created a commercial product named “CommuniBee”.
The App is in use today by many organizations and is actively marketed across the globe. For more information on CommuniBee, visit our site.