Java/Web Services Developer
Role: Java/Web Services Developer
ARC Business Solutions Inc. is an established and customer-oriented information technology solution provider with proven abilities to incorporate strategy, creativity and technical aspects into business solutions. ARC operates out of 4 regions in Canada–Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Regina and in the US – and services a broad base of private and public sector clients. Service delivery is focused in five main technology solution verticals: Systems Delivery, Enterprise Information Management, Mobile Solutions, Training and Managed Services; with industry expertise in Energy, Utilities, Government, Financial Services and the Public Sector.
ARC Business Solutions Inc. is currently seeking individuals with experience as a Java/Web Services Developer for an immediate opportunity in Edmonton, AB.
ROLE: JAVA/WEB SERVICES DEVELOPER
- Deeply understand customer problems and deliver major features to delight them Go-to expert for major features and tech stack
- End to end ownership of web service features: design, develop, automated testing, document, delivery, and operate
- Triage, fix and validate bugs
- Roughly 90% hands-on coding. Deliver and review for awesome code with attention to quality, scalability, maintainability and performance.
- Design and plan technical solutions so the team can work together with speed
- Accurately scope effort, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs – Identify and resolve cross team dependencies to unblock the team
- Proactively look for ways to improve code, processes and team
- Expert knowledge of backend software development using Java Spring Boot to expose and consume RESTful web services, Async message queues/topics
- Expert software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- Working knowledge of AWS or equivalent development and operations
- BSc Computer science or equivalent
We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing, share options and a comprehensive benefits package. These positions can be filled by full time ARC employees or contractors.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted. We will be conducting interviews immediately. TO BE CONSIDERED – Please forward your resume clearly displaying reference number JK:JWSD in the subject line to [email protected].