- Our Process
- What We Do
From software development to management consulting, we enable technology solutions.
Enterprise Information Management
Helping organizations leverage their data and information to create business results.
Managed IT Services
We’ve helped hundreds of Canadian companies like yours solve their IT issues.
- ARC Community & Charity
- Blog/Case Studies
Utility Sector - Market Design and Mechanics Load Settlement and Data Studies
- ARC has expertise in the design and implementation of both regulated and deregulated markets.
- Industry comparisons and knowledge of implementation successes and challenges.
- Load and financial settlement in regulated and deregulated markets including utilizing the tools to normalize data per time period (eg. hour) and determine distribution losses, potential theft, and unaccounted for energy.
What We Do
- Participated as part of a group of 8 to determine what the Alberta markets should look like (WISE Group)
- Participated as part of a group of 25 to design the market (SSG Group)
- Implemented large systems for most of the market players in Alberta
- Testified in front of the Utility Commission
- Provided expert witness testimony
- Performed detailed data analysis studies for market design and change of the criminal code
- Long term planning and strategies in markets to provide better customer care or improved cost coverage
- Avoidance of deregulation by changes in strategy (SaskPower)
- Unaccounted for energy and loss reviews
- Net generation (solar and wind) market requirements and billing (VT)
- Load forecasting, peak demand and control (VT)