Solution – IT Infrastructure Upgrade
- Not-for-Profit Organization
- Live Theater Company
- IT Infrastructure Upgrade
- Analysis, Design, Planning, Implementation, Testing
- Server Upgrades
- Network Upgrades
- Firewall Upgrades
- Application Migration and Upgrades
Due to an aging and poorly designed and configured IT infrastructure, Edmonton’s largest live theatre company experienced significant reliability, performance, availability, and data corruption problems with their ticketing and other critical business systems. This caused lost revenue and increased staff work load and stress levels.
ARC Business Solutions Inc. was retained to perform a root-cause analysis of the issues, determine a solution and then plan and implement a solution.
ARC performed a detailed analysis of the current IT infrastructure environment and determined that several upgrades and changes were required in order to increase reliability and eliminate data corruption. ARC created an IT infrastructure upgrade plan and budget and then proceeded to implement and test the required upgrades. The result was a total success with the theatre company being able to handle increased on-line ticket purchases with no downtime or data issues.
ARC performed the following to resolve the reliability, performance, availability, and data corruption problems:
- Performed a detailed analysis of all problems
- Determined a solution to resolve all issues in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Performed server, network, firewall, switch and wiring upgrades
- Migrated Unix systems to Windows servers
- Implemented a new Exchange server
- Implemented Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, file services
- Implemented a redundant network backbone (fibre-optical, Gigabit)
- Migrated application systems to the new systems